Saturday, July 24, 2010

Remembering the Good Times


Today marks the 1 year anniversary of my Grand-Daddy losing his 4 year battle with cancer. Words can't express how much I miss him, nonetheless I know he is in a better place where he's no longer suffering. I still can't believe its been a year already. Everything is still so fresh, in my mind, that it saddens me to put my thoughts into words.

The other day I was watching a video of my 2006 Champaign Party and when my Grand-Daddy's interview came across the screen I was taken back to the sadness I felt on the day I learned of his passing. It was so surreal to see him before I knew of his aliment, he looked healthy and happy. I was able to gain comfort in the fact that he shared such a milestone moment  in my life. I then began to recall all the good times we shared together with family and friends, which made me realize how much fun we had. So even though he is gone I won't dwell on losing him, instead I will remember the good times we shared and Thank God for blessing me with such loving person.

~~R.I.P. Grand-Daddy I love you!~~

No comments:

Post a Comment